The extreme range of motion and the immense power demanded by the game of tennis requires the dynamic of both flexibility and strength. In addition, muscular endurance is needed for long matches. The Pilates Body by Valentin Tennis Program provides a specific training routine to address the strength, flexibility, and overall stamina needed for performance and to reduce the risk of injury.
- Develop increased abdominal strength to hit the ball
- Strength shoulder and arms to improve serve velocity
- Improve flexibility to reach long shots
- Improve balance for quick change of direction
- Improve upper and lower body power and endurance
- Correct imbalances that can cause faulty compensation for the stronger side